Joint Appointment Faculty
- Barry Boehm (TRW Professor of Software Engineering; Director, USC Center for Systems and Software Engineering): Value-based systems and software engineering, including a new process model, the Incremental Commitment Spiral Model, for integrating a system’s hardware, software, and human factors across its definition, design, development, and evolution life (Computer Science Department)
- Rahul Jain (Kenneth C. Dahlberg Early Career Chair; Associate Professor): Network Economics of the Internet, Network Game Theory, Wireless Networks, Smart-Grid markets, Stochastic Control and Learning (Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering-Systems)
- Nitin Kale (Associate Professor of Engineering Practice): Programing, web design, interactive multimedia and enterprise resource planning (ERP) (Information Technology Program, ITP)
- Najmedin Meshkati (Professor): Human Factors, Aviation Safety, Run-way incursions, nuclear safety (Sonny Astani Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- Ketan Savla (Assistant Professor, John & Dorothy Shea Early Career Chair): Distributed robust and optimal control, dynamical networks, state-dependent queueing systems, and incentive design, with applications in infrastructure (e.g., transportation, power) and robotic (e.g., automated vehicles, multi-agent) systems.(Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering Systems, Sonny Astani Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- Milind Tambe (Professor, Founding Co-Director, Center for Artificial Intelligence, Helen N. and Emmett H. Jones Professor of Engineering, Director of Teamcore Research Group on Artificial Intelligence and Multi-agent Systems):Computational Game Theory, Randomized Route Monitoring, Artificial Intelligence systems (Computer Science Department)
- Richard Vawter (Senior Lecturer): Enterprise Resource Planning and Supply Chain Management (Information Technology Program)
- Shinyi Wu (Associate Professor, Associate Director of Social and Health Services @USC Edward R. Roybal Institute on Aging): Healthcare Systems Improvement, Healthy Aging, Quality Control, and Management Engineering (Suzanne Dworak-Peck School of Social Work)
- Gerald A. Fleischer (Professor Emeritus): Engineering Economy and Finance.
- Ralph L. Keeney (Professor Emeritus): Decision Analysis; National Academy of Engineering.
- F. Stan Settles (IBM Chair Professor): Engineering Management, Systems Architecting; National Academy of Engineering.
- Peter Will (Professor Emeritus): Manufacturing Automation.
Research faculty in the Viterbi School of Engineering have no teaching obligation, though many elect to teach up to one course per year. The criteria for research faculty appointments include scholarship and extramural funding commensurate with the research profiles typical of tenured and tenure-track faculty.
- Yigal Arens (Research Professor; Director, Intelligent Systems Division at USC’s Information Sciences Institute): Digital Government, Intelligent Systems, Interfaces.
- Wanda Austin (Research Professor; Former President & CEO of The Aerospace Corporation): Satellite and Payload System Acquisition, Systems Engineering, and System Simulation; National Academy of Engineering
- Mohamed I. Dessouky (Research Professor, Editor-in-Chief at “Computers & Industrial Engineering”): Computers and Industrial Engineering.
- Fernando I. Ordoñez (Research Professor): Operations research, optimization, transportation
The unique professional environment that defines the Los Angeles metropolitan area provides the Epstein ISE Department with access to Industry faculty members drawn from the ranks of leading national experts. These full time professionals and industry leaders bring unusual levels of depth, sophistication, and relevance to the various graduate curricula mounted by the Epstein Department.
- David Belson (Adjunct Professor): HealthCare, Management Engineering, and Project Management.
- Thomas C. Booth (Lecturer): Quality System Performance and Project and Team Performance.
- Lynne Cooper (Lecturer): Performance Measurement and Product Design.
- Herag Haleblian (Lecturer): Project Management, Operations Management, Business Strategy
- Erich Kreidler (Lecturer): Project Management and Quality Control
- Ted Mayeshiba (Lecturer): Lean Operations and Manufacturing
- Sima Parisay (Lecturer): Simulation and operations research
- Kazuo Takeda (Lecturer): Engineering Leadership and Team Management.