WiSE Gabilan and Assistant Professor Assistant Professor Industrial and Systems Engineering
- 2016, Doctoral Degree, Management Science, Stanford University
- 2012, Master's Degree, Management Science, Stanford University
- 2009, Bachelor's Degree, Economics, Stanford University
- 2009, Bachelor's Degree, Biology, Stanford University
Sze-chuan Suen joined the Daniel J. Epstein Department of Industrial & Systems Engineering at the University of Southern California as an Assistant Professor in 2016 and is a faculty member at the USC Schaeffer Center for Health Policy and Economics. Sze holds a PhD from the department of Management Science and Engineering from Stanford University.
Sze's research focuses on how to develop innovative models that adapt to changing demographic and secular trends in healthcare to support actionable policy recommendations. Her research draws from techniques in simulation, dynamic systems modeling, cost-effectiveness analysis, and decision analysis. Her previous work has focused on the control of tuberculosis in resource-constrained settings, with emphasis on policies to address drug-resistance. She has ongoing collaborations with researchers in the Stanford School of Medicine and Center for Primary Care and Outcomes Research, and she is a member of INFORMS (Institute of Operations Research and the Management Science), and the Society for Medical Decision Making (SMDM).
- Daniel J Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- OHE 310N
- Olin Hall of Engineering
- 3650 McClintock Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 0193
- (213) 821-0705