Ketan Dungarshi Savla
John and Dorothy Shea Early Career in Civil Engineering and Associate Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, and Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Doctoral Degree, Electrical Engineering, University of California - Santa Barbara
- Master's Degree, Applied Mathematics, University of California - Santa Barbara
- Master's Degree, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Bachelor's Degree, Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology-Bombay/Powai
Ketan Savla is an associate professor and John and Dorothy Shea Early Career Chair in Civil Engineering at the University of Southern California, with joint appointments in the Sonny Astani Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, the Daniel J. Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering (courtesy), and the Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering-Systems (courtesy). Prior to that, he was a research scientist in the Laboratory for Information and Decision Systems at MIT. He obtained his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering and M.A. in Applied Mathematics from the University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB), M.S. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, and B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. He currently serves as an Associate Editor for the Conference Editorial Board of the IEEE Control Systems Society, the IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, and the IEEE Control Systems Letters.
Distributed robust and optimal control, dynamical networks, state-dependent queuing systems, and incentive design, with applications in infrastructure systems and robotics.
- 2017 American Automatic Control Council Donald P. Eckman Award
- 2015 IEEE Control Systems Society George S. Axelby Outstanding Paper Award
- 2015 National Science Foundation CAREER
- 2010 Center for Control, Dynamical Systems and Computation at UC Santa Barbara CCDC Best Ph.D. Thesis Award