Julia Lynne Higle
Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Doctoral Degree, Industrial Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- Bachelor's Degree, Industrial Engineering, University of Michigan Ann Arbor
- Bachelor's Degree, Mathematics, Albion College
Dr. Higle was an Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor in the Systems and Industrial Engineering Department at the University of Arizona, 1985-2006; and Professor and Chair, Integrated Systems Engineering, The Ohio State University, 2006-2012. Dr. Higle serves as Senior Vice President for Academics, Institute of Industrial Engineers, 2009-present. She has served as vice-chair of the INFORMS Section on Optimization, Program Chair for the 10th International Conferences on Stochastic Programming, among a variety of other positions.
Development of models and solution methods for decision making under uncertainty; stochastic programming models and algorithmic methods for their solution; stochastic modeling for health-care applications, with a particular focus on the development of cancer screening strategies.
- Daniel J Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- OHE 310 H
- Olin Hall of Engineering
- 3650 McClintock Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 193
- (213) 821-5745