Senior Lecturer of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Doctoral Degree, Statistics, University of Texas - Dallas
- Doctoral Degree, Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University
- Bachelor's Degree, Industrial Engineering
Dr Acosta is a data analytics and statistical computing scholar. He holds a Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering from Texas A&M, and a Ph.D. in Statistics from The University of Texas at Dallas. Dr Acosta has ample experience in statistical computing and data analytics. He teaches courses from the MS program of Financial Engineering, and the MS program in Data Analytics at USC.
Dr Acosta research interests focus on using advanced statistical analysis to build models for prediction and classification for decision making in applications such as risk management, asset pricing, and credit-risk.
His research has been published in leading journals.
- Dir-Acad Prog, Director of the M.S. Analytics Program, Daniel J. Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Daniel J Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- GER 216
- Ethel Percy Andrus Gerontology Center
- 3715 McClintock Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90089
- USC Mail Code: 193