Randolph W. Hall
Vice President for Research for USC
Professor, Epstein Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
Dr. Hall received his B. S. degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley in 1979. He received his M.S. and Ph.D degrees in Civil Engineering from the University of California at Berkeley in 1980 and 1982, respectively.
As Vice President for research, Dr. Hall leads research initiatives, research administration and research ethics programs for the entire University of Southern California. His prior experience includes service as Senior Associate Dean for Research for the Viterbi School, Director of the METRANS and CREATE centers, and Chair of the Epstein Department. Dr. Hall is the author and editor of books on health care, transportation and queueing, as well as over 170 articles and reports on various aspects of transportation and health care systems.
VP of Research Profile [http://research.usc.edu/about/vp/leadership/]
- Transportation operations and logistics; maintenance, routing, scheduling and system design.
- Transportation systems, traveler information and vehicle automation.
- Efficiency and effectiveness of health care delivery.
- Queuing analysis and delay reduction.
- Research Gate Profile [https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Randolph_Hall]
- “Big Data to Better Health: Overcoming Risk in Information Technology,” chapter within The Transformation of Academic Health Centers, edited by Steven Wartman, Elsevier, 2015
- “Vehicle Routing Delivers the Goods,” (J. Partyka and R.W. Hall) OR/MS Today, February, 2014.
- Patient Flow: Reducing Delay in Healthcare Delivery, editor, 2nd Edition, Springer, 2013.
- Handbook of Healthcare System Scheduling, editor, Springer, 2012.
- “Scholarship, Liberated from Paper at Last,” Chronicle of Higher Education, April 1, 2012.
- “Discounted Robust Stochastic Games, An Application to Queueing Control,” (E. Kardez, Ordonez and R.W. Hall) Operations Research,” (E. Kardes, F. Ordóñez, and R.W. Hall) Operations Research, V. 59: pp. 365 – 382, 2011.
- "Dynamic Empty Equipment and Crew Allocation Model for Long-haul Networks," (C. Caliskan and R.W. Hall) Transportation Research, V. 37a, pp. 405-418.
- Handbook of Transportation Science, 2nd Edition, editor, Kluwer Scientific Publishers, Norwell, Massachusetts, 2002.
- "Control of Vehicle Dispatching on a Cyclic Route Serving Truck Terminals." (with V.C. Sabnani).Transportation Research, V.36A, pp. 257-276, 2002.
- "Highway/Street Interfaces and the Effects of Roadway Orientation," ITS Journal. V. 7, pp. 57-78, 2002.
- "Incident Dispatching, Clearance and Delay", Transportation Research, V.36A, pp. 257-276, 2002.
- "Decentralized Inventory Control Policies for Equipment Management in a Many-To-Many Network," (with H. Zhong). Transportation Research, V.36A, 849-865, 2002.
- "Real-Time Control of Bus Transit Systems Using ITS Technologies," (M. Dessouky, R.Hall, L. Zhang and A. Singh) Transportation Research. V. 37A, 145-164, 2003.