Mohamed I. Dessouky
Industrial and Systems Engineering
Phone: (213) 740-4897
Dr. Dessouky received his B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from Cairo University,
Egypt. He obtained his M.S. in Industrial Engineering at Purdue University and
his Ph.D. in the same field at The Ohio State University.
Dr. Dessouky was on the faculty of University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign for
22 years, and then joined Northern Illinois University to become Chair, Department
of Industrial Engineering. He has consulted for a number of companies and organizations
including Western Electric, Kalkan Foods, Andrew Corporation, and the United Nations
Industrial Development Organization (Vienna, Austria). He has given seminars and/or
engaged in consulting projects in several countries, including Sudan, Brazil, Turkey,
Kuwait, Indonesia, Japan, and China. He is Editor-in-Chief of Computers and Industrial Engineering.
- Project management.
- Discrete optimization.
- "Optimal Selection of Sampling Locations and c-Chart Parameters," Lapinski, K.A. and M.I. Dessouky, Proc., 16th International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering (ICC & IE?4),
Ashikaga, Japan, March 7-9, 1994, pp. 364-367.
- "Motivating Students Through Manufacturing," Krishnamurthi, M. and M.I. Dessouky, Proc., 18th International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering (ICC & IE?5), Shanghai, China, October 25-27, 1995, pp. 1048-1053.
- "Taxonomy of Scheduling as a Basis for the Study of Strategic Behavior",
Dessouky, M.I., N. Moray, and B. Kijowski, Human Factors, Vol. 37, No. 3, 1995, pp. 443-472.
- "Scheduling Recyclable Material at Northern Illinois University.", Bommisetty, D., M.I. Dessouky, and L. Jacobs, Proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering (ICC & IE?7), Cairo, Egypt, Dec. 20-22, 1997.
- "Flowshop scheduling with Identical Jobs and Uniform Parallel Machines.", Dessouky, M.M., M.I. Dessouky, and S.K. Verma European Journal of Operations Research, Vol. 19, pp. 620-631. 1998.