Industrial and Systems Engineering
Phone: (213) 821-2413
Dr. Ordóñez studied Mathematical Civil Engineering at the University of Chile, receiving his Engineering title in 1997. He received is Ph.D. in Operations Research from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2002.
Dr. Ordóñez worked for two years as a Research Engineer for the electric utility company ENDESA (Chile).
- Convex Optimization
- Condition number theory, its relevance to complexity of optimization, sensitivity analysis, and practical predictive power.
- Algorithms, high performance computing, and robust optimization.
- Applications of optimization: Pattern recognition, energy production planning, structural design
Recent Invited-Refereed Conference Presentations
- “Increasing security through communication and policy randomization in multiagent systems,” by P. Paruchuri, M. Tambe, F. Ordonez, S. Kraus. MSDM Workshop, AAMAS-06, Hakodate, Japan, May 2006.
- “Safety in multiagent systems by Policy Randomization,” by P. Paruchuri, D. Dini, M. Tambe, F. Ordonez, S. Kraus. SASEMAS workshop, AAMAS-05, Utrecht, Netherlands, July 2005. Received best paper award at the SASEMAS workshop.
- “Intentional Randomization for Single Agents and Agent-teams,” by P. Paruchuri, D. Dini, M. Tambe, F. Ordonez, S. Kraus. GTDT workshop, IJCAI-05, Edinburgh, Scotland, July 2005.
- “Coordinating randomized policies for increasing security of agent systems,” P. Paruchuri, J. P. Pearce, J. Marecki, M. Tambe, F. Ordo ́n ̃ez, and S. Kraus. Journal of Information Technology and Management, 10(1), pp 67–79, 2009.
- “A Two-stage Vehicle Routing Problem for Large-scale Bioterrorism Emergencies,” Z. Shen, M. M. Dessouky, and F. Ord ́on ̃ez. Networks, 54(4); pp 255-269, 2009.
- “Heuristic Approach for the Integrated Inventory-Distribution Problem,” T.F. Abdelmaguid, M.M. Dessouky, and F. Ordo ́n ̃ez. Computers and Industrial Engineering 56; pp 1519–1534, 2009.
- “A Two-stage Stochastic Programming Model for Transportation Network Protection,” C. Liu, Y. Fan, and F. Ordo ́n ̃ez, Computers & Operations Research 36(5); pp 1582–1590, 2009.
- “The Stochastic Vehicle Routing Problem for Minimum Unmet Demand,” Z. Shen, F. Ordo ́n ̃ez, and M.M. Dessouky. Optimization and Logistics Challenges in the Enterprise, Springer Series on Optimization and its Applications, 2009.
- “Robust Optimization Models for Energy-limited Wireless Sensor Networks under Distance Uncertainty,” W. Ye, and F. Ord ́on ̃ez. IEEE Transactions on WirelessCom 7(6); pp 2161– 2169, 2008.
- “A Simulation Study of Demand Responsive Transit System Design,” L. Quadrifoglio, M. M. Dessouky, and F. Ordo ́n ̃ez. Transportation Research-A 42(4); pp 718–737, 2008.